Job ID 41716
Carolina Charter Academy is now hiring middle school teachers with specialties in 7th and 8th grade Math. We are looking for talented and compassionate educators who will support our students in their learning throughout the school year.
- Deliver thoughtful, relevant, and data-driven lesson plans provided by Amplify that differentiate students’ learning styles and that promote an environment of critical thinking and academic rigor.
- Implement lessons through dynamic instruction that is engaging, motivating, and invests students in their learning.
- Work cooperatively with staff to modify curricula and develop individualized learning plans as needed for students being served through special programs.
- Review and analyze multiple sources of data incorporating both formal and informal methods to measure and assess student growth aligned to instructional goals and to adjust instructional strategies and content delivery as needed.
- Interact in respectful ways with students and staff at all times, maintaining a physically and emotionally safe, supportive learning environment that is characterized by efficient and effective routines, clear and high expectations for all student behavior, and organization that maximizes student learning.
- Utilize positive behavioral management strategies that will invest students in their learning goals and motivate them to be actively engaged in their learning.
- Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning the academic and the behavioral progress of students through daily/weekly folders, attending open houses and parent-teacher conferences, and regular personal phone calls or emails as needed.
- Hold oneself to the highest standard for individual development, pursue leadership opportunities, collaborate with other educational professionals, communicate regularly with stakeholders, maintain professional relationships, and conduct yourself ethically and with integrity.
- Attend and actively engage in a collaborative beginning of year Professional Development, faculty meetings, and grade-level planning meetings.
- Accept and seek consistent feedback and professional learning opportunities throughout the year to improve instruction and drive student achievement.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the School Director.
- We follow a traditional calendar model with school being in session from mid-August to end of May. Teacher workdays are from 7:30am-4:00pm.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Degree requirements- Teaching Degree K-6 or middle grades
- Licensure- NC licensure or equivalent
Salary & Benefits
- Salary band- $40,000- $53,000 or commensurate with experience. 10 month contract with salary commensurate with the NC State Teacher Salary Schedule as outlined by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction. Salaries are comparable to local school districts.
- Health Insurance
- Paid holidays and leave
- Hiring bonus for certain qualified, certified licenses- inquire upon interview.
How to Apply
Please provide the following:
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Licensure
If Carolina Charter wishes to follow up with a candidate after review of application materials, the candidate will be contacted for an interview.
Contact our Hiring team via firstname.lastname@example.org