Job ID 41706
Career Level Executive
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
- The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Effectively manage a team of 4 direct reports with multiple subteams with a total of 23 team members. These subteams are Strategy, Planning, and Business Operations (1); Data Systems (7); Analytics (6); and Technology Solutions (9).
- In partnership with the CEO, Network Executive Team, and Rocketship Board, support the execution of 5-year strategic initiatives via monitoring of quarterly/annual goals and benchmarks, in close collaboration with the finance, program, communications, talent, and regional leadership teams.
- Refine and manage annual and long-term planning functions, including gathering relevant data for decision-making; convening and managing meetings with internal and external stakeholders; and preparing and facilitating effective decision-making discussions.
- Build and drive innovation or special projects for schools.
- Elevate Rocketship data collection, systems, and practices to inform, support, and advance the 5 Year Strategic vision and goals.
- Lead the team and organization into a deeper exploration, understanding, and elevated use of the Student Information Systems (SIS) to improve on a wide variety of student, family, and educator services, such as communication tools, reporting and compliance features, among other aspects of SIS platforms.
- Set and execute data analysis priorities, including elevating the use of organizational/regional health dashboards and other key measures of Quality Schools, Community Power, and Scaled Impact.
- Oversee data library of reports used throughout the organization to drive decision-making.
- Plan and develop scalable technology systems infrastructure and related policies and processes to grow and adapt along with Rocketship’s needs.
- Plan and execute long-term implementation and maintenance strategies for software, hardware, data, voice, and other systems.
- Design the topic scope and sequence for regular virtual and offsite meetings based on our strategic priorities, initiatives, and deliverables.
- Develop meeting agendas, including preparation and follow-up communication.
- Liaise with the CEO’s direct reports to ensure timely communication, collaboration, and results.
- Act as a key thought partner to the CEO and Network Executive Team by facilitating discussion about and solutions to strategic challenges.
- Liaise with and support key regional and national Board projects.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with regionalization, proactively addressing potential challenges and devising contingency plans.
- Collaborate with regional and national leadership to implement, evaluate, and refine regionalization strategy to enhance the overall effectiveness of the organization.
- Oversee strategic approach to highly cross-functional work streams such as enrollment planning, green lighting, and school start-up.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience including demonstrated strategic leadership in a complex organization (multi-site, multi-regional).
- Minimum five years of experience in a leadership and management role.
- Ability to travel to provide effective strategic guidance to organizational leadership and remain deeply connected to our regions, teams, and impact.
- Outstanding ability to lead and inspire change, including influencing and motivating others through relationship building.
- Ability to move comfortably between high-level strategic thinking and intricate details. Solid understanding of education and charter organizations.
- Experience with analysis, data systems, and/or information technology.