Job ID 41711
Carolina Charter Academy prepares students for a lifetime of learning by developing their natural passion for discovery and problem-solving. Students are immersed in an engaged learning environment where they develop a knowledge-based education to better understand the world around them. CCA is now hiring qualified TAs looking to expand their education and experience.
The Teacher in Residence (TIR) program provides a pathway for those who want to start a career in education, but have little to no teaching experience or do not have the minimum Bachelor’s degree requirement yet. During the residency, TIRs work alongside our instructional coaches and experienced teachers, and gain hands-on experience by teaching whole-group and small-group instruction.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Understand and maintain the teacher’s routine when it comes to delivering a lesson plan and running the class in the event that the teacher is absent on a particular day
- Work with children in the classroom to promote their learning and development in ways that align with the classroom learning objectives
- Communicate with parents, only if directed to do so by the teacher
- Maintain classroom management systems put into place by the teacher and your team
- Adhere to established school norms
- Serve on committees/team
- Follows all guidelines of the School Wide Behavior Plan when addressing students behavior including supporting PBIS throughout the school
- Works with Lead teacher or coach to establish and implement behavior modification plans.
- Coordinates with teacher to implement modifications as outlined in the student’s IEP or 504 plan.
General School Requirements
- Attend all meetings required by administration and/or regarding students
- Exhibits positive behavior toward children, parents, staff and administrators
- Represents the needs of school and children to parents and the community in a positive manner
- Conducts self as a positive role model in the school and community
- Shares the responsibility for school cleanliness and neatness
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
- Properly supervise students during assigned duties
- In the event of teacher absence, covers assigned classroom and adheres to the sub plans provided.
- High school diploma/GED required (Associate degree preferred)
- 18-24 college credits that could parallel the requirements for NCDPI Residency Licensure program/EPP
- 2+ years’ experiences as a Teacher Assistant or Paraprofessional preferred
- Excellent communication skills, compassionate attitude, and a strong understanding of child development
Salary and Benefits
- 30,000- 38,000 or commensurate with experience
- Benefits include: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Paid time off, Retirement plan, Vision insurance